Mood Blanket Challenge 2015: Day 152 With Cat Approval

UPDATE 2/6/23: This is my favorite post about this project so far. This is a good post. I'm so witty. You should also check out my Etsy shop.

After last week's confusion I made an entire row of squares this week. I actually made most of them yesterday. I hate following rules. I will not be told what to do. Only one square a day is ridiculous.

I couldn't stop thinking about where and how my counting went wrong. Despite my expressing that I didn't have time to figure it out, I of course stopped everything and figured it out.

The confusion began with my inability to follow instructions. I make more than one square a day on some days and on other days I will make no squares. Yes, I am cheating. I am a huge cheater. I had worked a fair number of squares ahead and believed I had made enough for last week while still being ahead from the weeks before where I finished rows when I didn't need to. I thought that at the end of last week I'd be finishing a row when in actuality I was finishing a row and making a few squares more. So maybe I actually am bad at math? Or logic. I stopped making squares when I finished the row, which resulted in my being a few squares short last week and then I began gaslighting myself.

Ok. Boring.

Now I have 162 squares. Suck it.

And this damn thing is starting to look like a blanket. It still isn't wide enough for me to stop working on it yet and quit this ridiculous challenge, but it is big enough that I folded it and put it on the back of the couch for CAT TESTING.

So here are some pictures of cats on my mood blanket.


For next week I'll drag it out to the porch again so you can actually see the row I made. I'm going to make another row. This thing is starting to feel like work and when things start to feel like work that are supposed to be fun then I stop doing them. But I don't like to leave things unfinished, so there's that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Crochet Pattern - The Fox Plush from The Little Prince

My Friend Wilby FREE Crochet Pattern from Starfield!

Schmanley Cup FREE Crochet Pattern To Make A Very Obvious Knock-Off Non-Functional Stanley Cup