Crocheted Sailor Saturn DragonCon FAQ

UPDATE 2/6/23: I'm still glad to answer questions.

I enjoy answering questions.

I reblogged a thing on tumblr last week where I said something along the same lines. I'm not at all annoyed by genuine questions from interested parties, even if the questions are the same questions that have been asked before (this is especially true at an event like DragonCon - unless you were standing nearby, you didn't hear the answer, so it's totally ok to ask again). I'm really very mellow, but there were some people hanging around me that were making fun of the other people that were coming to talk to me - this was lame and that's not how I roll. I hope it didn't deter anyone.

So many people had questions and many were the same, valid questions. For those of you that missed me at DC or if you're just curious, but don't want to ask...here are the answers!

Q: Is that knit or crochet?
A: 100% crochet, even the incredibly tight stitches around my elbows. Those are just very tight single crochet.

Q: How long did it take?
A: I stopped keeping track at 400 hours.

Q: What made you want to crochet a Sailor Saturn cosplay?
A: I've wanted to do a Sailor suit since I was 14 and I've wanted to take a stab at crocheting a cosplay for about ten years - two birds with one stone. I chose Saturn because I think I look the most like Saturn and I also wanted to make a large crocheted weapon.

Q: Did you watch a lot of Netflix while you worked on it?
A: Yes.

Q: Are you hot or does it breathe?
A: I tried to make it breathe. It doesn't. It's a blanket.

Q: Are you going to crochet another cosplay?
A: Definitely.

Q: What is your next crochet cosplay going to be?
A: A secret until I do a little more planning to ensure that it's feasible.

Q: Did you make your earrings?
A: No. They were custom made by Southpaw Engraving. Eric is one of the coolest dudes I know (he's the Gears of War kantus in the photo above. In addition to making foam masterpieces, he also makes earrings, you see).

Many, many people came up to me and thanked me, which I found incredibly amusing. Other people just exclaimed various profanities at me with great enthusiasm - also amusing. I was on Felicia Day's snapchat and several people told me they follow me on tumblr. All of these things were awesome. I'm sure pictures of me making really stupid faces are going to start cropping up on the Internet, and this is cool too. Everything is awesome.

I have a whole stack of business cards to sort through and people to attempt to connect with. Hopefully I'll be getting to that in the next few days. I've got a major case of the infamous ConCrud and I somehow destroyed my right foot at the aquarium on Saturday night. Everything is still awesome.

Find me on Facebook and Etsy!

Photo cred to Laura (cats_and_critical_hits) because I took zero decent pictures of myself over the weekend, apparently.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Crochet Pattern - The Fox Plush from The Little Prince

My Friend Wilby FREE Crochet Pattern from Starfield!

Schmanley Cup FREE Crochet Pattern To Make A Very Obvious Knock-Off Non-Functional Stanley Cup